By 

That Yellow Smeg That Is Now In My Kitchen


No, what you see above it’s not my kitchen and that pretty tiny mint Smeg is not mine. This is an image from Ohjoy’s studio. Pretty awesome right?

However even if it’s not my house, this image certainly matches my Pinterest board “InDoor, a collection of everything which inspires me and that I wish to see in my house. If you remember this post, I previously told you that my husband and I finally got our own space in Italy, a little apartment to stay when we go home for holidays.

We spent last summer ordering all furnishings, buying all decorations and deciding what kind of changes we wanted to do. The home furnishings arrived between summer and Christmas, when we were in Doha. So when we finally went back home last December, we received a beautiful surprise opening our house’s door! The house of our dreams was there, right in front of our eyes!!

When I started thinking about how to decorate the apartment, I immediately thought about colors! I wanted a white space with a lot of colors popping up everywhere. Exactly as it is in this inspo-board:Inspiration for house makeover

Fortunately both me and my husband agreed to have a yellow sofa. Yes, YELLOW!! Most of my friends thought we were crazy, but we loved the idea to have a huge solar sofa to spend our evenings. Then I fought to have a SMEG fridge in the kitchen – one of my dreams! Of course, I won (wife rules!).

In general, the style that better describes my house is the nordic one. Simple, nice, few colored pieces, some brand designer pieces.

But. And there is a BUT.

Despite I did my board inspiration, I made my researches and I had quite clear ideas, I made some mistakes. So if you are going through a makeover, maybe these three tips could be helpful!

CHOOSE 3 COLORS FOR EACH ROOM SPACE

Our living room has an open kitchen that means that we have two spaces in one. I have already mentioned that we decided to buy a yellow sofa, but I didn’t tell you that we also ordered the yellow SMEG fridge! And we were so in love with yellow that we also bought several accessories of the same color. I had enough. In other words, I started to hate it! lol.

So my suggestion is to choose three colors, one main and two natural and thenfollow this rule: 20% of your space shall be decorated with your main color, but mix the other two natural colors for the remaining 80%.

MEASURE EVERYTHING TWICE. THREE TIMES IS EVEN BETTER

The first time we went to the store to order a big furniture for the leaving room we found the store closed. In that moment we were quite disappointed but we soon discovered that actually that was our lucky day. Our measures were totally wrong!! So make sure to measure everything twice.

NEVER ASSEMBLE IKEA WARDROBES BY YOURSELF

We all love Ikea, right? Nice design, low prices, easy assembly. Well, trust me, if you’re buying more then one wardrobe, forget about doing everything by yourself!! Fortunately my father and a friend of us came to help us, but seriously, next time (for instance when we will move to a bigger house or when my shoes will require more space!) we will pay Ikea to assemble our orders!

And now after so many bla bla bla, here are some snaps of our sweet home ♥

BONJOUR CHIARA: HOME INTERIOR

Bonjour Chiara - Antologia Books

Bonjour Chiara: House in Italy

Bonjour Chiara: Coffe Tables

Bonjour Chiara - Miffy Lamp

Bonjour Chiara - Yellow Smeg

BONJOUR CHIARA - HOME MAKEOVER

Bonjour Chiara
About me

<p>Chiara is a quirky and funny Italian girl currently living in Middle East. She is a dreamer, a blogger, a shopaholic, Paris and cats lover. She spends her days with her husband and their three cats, creating outfits with Mrs B. and writing about what she loves!</p>

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Bonjour Chiara Ideas // How to organize space when your bedroom doesn't come with a closet - www.bonjourchiara.com
3 No-Closet Solutions For Your Bedroom
November 20, 2016
Bonjour Chiara Loves // NEW IN at IKEA - www.bonjourchiara.com
The New IKEA Catalogue
August 28, 2016
MARCH WISHLIST: THE 8 COOLEST THINGS TO BUY THIS MONTH - www.bonjourchiara.com
What Mrs B. Loves In March
March 06, 2016
Home Sweet Home
March 24, 2014
My First Month In Doha
December 07, 2013

1 Comments

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *